At all of our Seattle hotels we are all stewards of the environment and we encourage all of our guests to do the same. We engage in environmentally friendly business practices from using environmentally conscious cleaning products to recycling to supporting our local businesses. We will always strive to reduce our environmental impact on the world and to be the best green hotels in Seattle.
- In-room recycling program
- Guest directed linen reuse program
- Use of bath amenities that are 99% natural, biodegradable and dispensed from dispensers rather than small bottles
- Use of recycled paper
- Replacement of styrofoam and plastic cups with ceramic and glass products
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are safe for the environment and our staff
- Conversion of lighting to compact florescent lamps
- We compost all food waste in our lobby, employee areas and Pineapple Café
- Use of compostable plates, cups, lids, straws, napkins, etc. at our very own Pineapple Café
- Bicycle checkouts
- 100% non-smoking
For more information about the eco-friendly initiatives at our Seattle area hotels, please contact University Inn at 866-866-7977.